Looking for Local Food close to campus?
There are many businesses right here in Hamilton that offer local food options all year long. Use this local food resource guide and interactive map to find local food businesses within 25 kilometers of your campus!
Local Food Guide - Fennell Campus
Local Food Guide - IAHS Campus
Local Food Guide - Stoney Creek Campus
Mohawk College Community Garden
The Community Garden at the Fennell Campus offers staff and students the opportunity to eat more local than ever before! Learn the skills and expertise to produce your own fruits and vegetables, while we provide the space, the soil and the tools.
- Community Garden launched in 2013 with 8 garden plots
- Expanded to 50 plots to accommodate campus demand and new community partnerships
- Features a sustainable rainwater harvesting system
- Includes a dedicated farm bed for the MSA Food Service Division
- In 2016, more than 300 students, staff and community members participated in the Community Garden
- The Community Garden has donated almost 400 pounds of produce to the MSA Food Bank, Hamilton Victory Gardens, and other charitable partners in 2016
If you have a passion for fresh, local produce then watch for the call-out from the Sustainability Office to book your plot when they become available. They fill up fast, so don’t delay!
Mohawk College Fennell Orchard
Mohawk College and neighbouring institutions were founded on farmland previously owned by the Hamilton Psychiatric Hospital. Located near the Columbia drive entrance the Fennell Campus Orchard is a celebration of the history of the Hospital’s farming operations and showcases this by growing fruit trees native to the region. The Orchard provides students and community members an opportunity to connect with local food production and compliments other on-campus initiatives such as the Community Garden.