Interlibrary Loan Form
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a free service which the Library makes available to students and staff at Mohawk. Is there an article, book, video, etc. that the Library does not have that would help you with Mohawk-related coursework? If the desired title is not a required text for your course, we can try to borrow it for you from another Library. Please read below to find out how to make a request and when you have the required information, please submit the online ILL form.
- Check Mohawk’s catalogue to ensure that we don’t own the item you need
- Check the Library’s list of online magazines and journals to ensure that online access is not available through the Library's collections.
- Keep track of the complete reference for the item(s) you need as well as where you found the reference (reading list, database, bibliography, etc.)
- Submit the information about the item using the online ILL form.
- It may take as little as two or three days or as much as a few weeks to receive your ILL; the average is one week.
- The loan period for a book is usually 10 days; the maximum loan period for a video is usually one week.
- If we cannot obtain what you need or it is not available in a reasonable timeframe, Library Information Services staff will be happy to work with you to find an acceptable alternative.