The David Braley Athletic and Recreation Centre
The David Braley Athletic and Recreation Centre brings together fitness, activities and sporting events plus spaces to unwind after a pick-up basketball game in the gymnasium, a workout in the fitness centre or a relaxing yoga practice. This new facility has something for everyone, offering multiple ways to get involved in activities and find health and wellness on campus.
Indoor and outdoor seating areas provide extra space for socializing, enjoying lunch or grabbing a Booster Juice.
Seasonal activities are offered with outdoor basketball and volleyball courts and a pedestrian connection to the multi-use trail.
Students also benefit from the new massage therapy studio on the main floor of the DBARC, with special student rates to promote increased mobility and relaxation.
The DBARC is targeting to be a LEED® Gold Certified building. This means the design and features of this facility will promote enhanced environmental sustainability and will preserve the environment around us in the future. Plaques posted around the facility are a tour of these building features, and you can find that information here.
- 64,000 square foot facility
- Triple gymnasium, fitness centre, spin room and multi-use studio for various classes
- Outdoor basketball and volleyball courts
- Home to Student Engagement and Athletics and Recreation Offices
- Booster Juice and café seating area on main floor
- LEED® Gold Certified being targeted, highlighted by the educational DBARC LEED® Tour