Community Employment Services for Job Seekers
Community Employment Services provides FREE services for anyone in the community seeking employment and/or training.
Now offering ..
InterviewStream - free online video practice interviewing
StrengthsQuest - free online guidance and ideas for your career path.
We can providing assistance in:
- Individual job search
- Creating an effective resume
- Improving interview techniques
- Upgrading and training opportunities, including access to Second Career funding
- Accessing Apprenticeship training supports
- Connecting with employers
- Information and referrals to programs, services and resources in our community.
Hours & Locations:
Mohawk College - Fennell Campus
135 Fennell Avenue West
Hamilton, ON L8N 3T2
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am - 7:00 pm
Lower East Hamilton
211 Centennial Parkway North
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
"Community Employment Services found me a great job very quickly that I am extremely happy with. I have received my Drive Clean License and have learned how to repair cars and fix clean related problems. I have also been signed on as an apprentice."
- M. Di Giacinto
Employment WorkshopsApprenticeship Training Support Initiatives
- Provides targeted assistance to people looking for apprenticeship training by connecting them with employers interested in hiring and training apprentices.
Academic Scholarships and Signing Bonus
- Provides $1,000 scholarships for young people (24 and under) who return and complete academic upgrading to qualify and register as an apprentice.
- Provides a $2,000 signing bonus for employers who support scholarship recipients’ apprenticeship registration and provide apprenticeship training.
For eligibility details please contact Community Employment Services. For more information, please call: 905-575-2177 or Email Community Employment Services