Health, Wellness and Fitness Admission Requirements
Minimum requirements for admission to the Health, Wellness and Fitness Diploma program for September 2015 or January 2016
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Senior Science courses recommended
- Additional selection criteria may apply
- Options are available for mature applicants
- Accepted applicants are required to have the following completed prior to field placement and are responsible for the associated costs:
- Standard First Aid
- CPR- recertification required annually while in the program
- Up-to-date Police Clearance Vulnerable sector screening (VSS)
- Registered students who have been convicted of an offence under the criminal code for which they have not been pardoned may be denied the opportunity to enter or continue in a placement while in the program.
- Field placements may occur at locations that are not accessible by public transit. As such, students shall be expected to either have access to a car or the ability to supply their own transportation when attending field placement activity. Mohawk shall not be responsible for providing students with transportation to field placements
- Students will be required to successfully complete Anatomy and Exercise physiology in semester 1 to progress in the program.
- Co-op placements will offer essential practical experience to those who select the co-op option of the program.
- Visit the Admissions website for more information about the admissions process
- Contact Carol West-Agnew, the Program Admissions Advisor