Human Services Foundation Certificate - 276
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016
SCHOOL: Community & Urban Studies
PROGRAM NUMBER: 276
PROGRAM LENGTH: 1 academic year (period of 8 months)
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Certificate
|Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Open|
Gain insight into a spectrum of rewarding community-based human service careersHuman Services Foundation is a one-year Ontario College Certificate program offered at Mohawk's Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
The Human Services Foundation program lets students gain exposure to various study options within the Human Services field including working with children, youth, families and persons with special needs.
Students in Human Services Foundation will also learn about community issues such as poverty, homelessness and mental illness through unique and flexible learning opportunities including on-line learning, community based visits, labs and role-playing.
Students in the Human Services Foundation program, pay compulsory fees to attend a three-day, two-night trip to New York City. The trip to New York City provides students with the opportunity to discover and explore another culture through this experience. A valid passport is required in order to attend.
- Learn about community issues such as poverty, homelessness and mental health through unique and flexible learning opportunities including online learning, trip to New York City, community-based visits, labs and role-playing
- Participate in a United Nations trip to New York City
- Increase self-awareness, experience personal growth and other related competencies required for a profession in the field of Human Services
- Learn to work effectively as a team member in Human Services
- Learn the importance of healthy communities and its impact on individuals, families and groups
- Build a strong foundation for postsecondary success by enhancing important fundamental skills necessary to pursue future studies
360° Classroom Tour
OSSD graduates considering postsecondary education relating to careers in the field of Human Services may use this as a pathway to further education, either at the College or University level.
This program will provide students with an opportunity to pursue further post-secondary training in their area of specific interest, including:
- Child and Youth Care
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Support
- Recreation Therapy
- Social Service Worker
- Other College programs
Apprenticeship programs in Human Services: