Police Foundations Admission Requirements
Minimum requirements for admission to the Police Foundations Diploma program
Program follows guidelines set by the Ministry of the Solicitor General for the Province of Ontario. Employers will require a CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Law courses recommended
- Additional selection criteria may apply
- Some employment opportunities require that certain physical standards, driving abstracts and health standards, including vision, must be met
- A Criminal Records Check (Pardons are possible, seek legal counsel) and additional selection criteria may be used to assess applicants in this program
- Applicants should be advised that employers require a criminal records check Options are available for mature applicants
- Ideal for Pre-Justice graduates
- Applicants receive training in the first year towards a goal at being able to successfully complete the PREP (Physical Readiness Evaluation for Police). Students must be able to pass this requirement to graduate from program at the end of second year.
Note: this is a Competitive Program
- Apply by February 1 - read more about Competitive Programs
- Visit the Admissions website for more information about the admissions process
- Contact Carol West-Agnew, the Program Admissions Advisor