Police Foundations Program Description
Police Foundations is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario, and Brantford Campus in Brantford, Ontario.
Mohawk College is the only Canadian community college that employs simulated judgemental training systems both tactical and virtual in their scenario-based learning for Police Foundations, Protection, Security and Investigation, and Advanced Police Studies.
The Police Foundations program gives students the opportunity to:
- Discover skills and abilities required for a career in policing
- Learn Criminal, Civil and Provincial Law
- Evaluate ethical reasoning investigation and evidence principles
- Explore police powers, use of force knowledge, skills and abilities
- Apply skills to Police Car Scenario Lab and Mohawk Mock Trial Court Room
- Develop fitness and emergency management skills to Policing industry standards in a licensed testing facility on campus
- Experience a web enhanced learning environment
Program follows guidelines set by the Ministry of the Solicitor General for the Province of Ontario. Employers will require a CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK.
- Degree completion available at Laurier University, Athabasca University, Fredericton University and internationally
- Check out the degree transfer opportunities website
In the News
- Officer draws on roots to help her community - Don't be fooled by the manicure: Const. Dawn Johnson is tough as nails
- Watch and listen to Police Recruitment Officers, Experts & Students on CH Morning Live
- Hands-on learning at Mohawk - Students enrolled in Mohawk College's public safety and security programs have the opportunity to learn in a whole new way
- Mohawk College is the only Canadian community college that employs Meggitt Training Systems in their scenario based learning for Police Foundations, Law & Security Administration - Private Security and Advanced Police Studies programming
- YouTube Video from CHCH News