Social Service Worker Admission Requirements
Minimum requirements for admission to the Social Service Worker Diploma program
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent (70% guideline)
- Attendance at program orientation is strongly recommended
- Significant volunteer experience is recommended
- Options are available for mature applicants. Please contact Admissions for more information
- Program orientation will be available to all applicants
For competitive programs (the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of available places), selection will be based on the average of the highest senior level final grades in the required courses that are available at the time of ranking.
Note: Students may be required to complete various Immunizations and Disease Screening protocol required by some field placement agencies.
Note: Registered students who have been convicted of an offence under the criminal code for which they have not been pardoned may be denied the opportunity to enter clinical placement. A certificate of ‘Police Clearance’ and/or ‘Consent to Disclosure’ may be requested by the clinical placement agency.
- Visit the Admissions website for more information about the admissions process
- Contact Carol West-Agnew, the Program Admissions Advisor