Occupational Health & Safety Management Certificate
Start Date: Fall, Winter, Spring
School: Continuing Education - Technology and Skills
Program Number: 060
Delivery: Online / Classroom
Accreditation: Mohawk College Certificate
Recognized by CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professionals)
Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, workplaces must prepare and review at least annually a written occupational health and safety policy and maintain a program to implement that policy. This certificate program is designed to assist participants in fulfilling this legal requirement by providing guidelines and assistance in defining health and safety objectives and developing policies and procedures. The program will interest individuals with responsibility for health and safety, (e.g. Supervisors, Safety Coordinators, Occupational Health Nurses, Joint Health and Safety Committees members, etc.) who require broader legal and technical knowledge to function effectively in their occupation.
Courses are delivered by experienced health and safety professionals, including instructors with professional designations such as CIH, ROH, CRSP and CCPE.
This program meets the formal educational requirements set by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals to write the examination for the Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation. Contact the BRCSP for eligibility requirements and details.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) OR 19 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of chemistry, physics and mathematics is an asset.
How to Register
There are a number of ways to register. Visit our how to register page for more information.
Program of Studies
This program of study applies to students starting Fall 2016.
Students currently in progress should contact us regarding a strategy for completion.
Click on the course title for a course description.
How do I apply to Graduate?
When you receive your final grades for all the courses in the program, you may apply for your Certificate. Visit the Preparation for Convocation page for more information.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineering
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Health & Safety Ontario
- Ontario Ministry of Labour
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals