Everyone should be familiar with the building alarm system and procedures for evacuating buildings at each campus they may be required to attend.
Special consideration is required for evacuating individuals with a disability since they may require some direction or assistance in the event of an emergency. Refer to the "Evacuating Persons with Disabilities (opens new window)" section for more information).
- Students with a disability should contact Accessible Learning Services (opens new window) to have an individual evacuation plan developed.
- Employees should self-identify to their manager if they have a disability and require assistance for emergency situations so that an Individual Emergency Response Plan can be developed as per the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act.
Familiarize yourself with the following information for your own safety:
Upon Discovery of Fire (all buildings)
- Leave the fire area immediately and close doors behind you.
- Pull the nearest fire alarm
- Evacuate the building via the nearest safe exit
- Call Security or call 911 from a safe location