Civil Engineering Technician Program Description
Civil Engineering Technician is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Mohawk's Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in the Civil Engineering Technician program will:
- Learn about municipal services, roadway design and construction techniques, construction layout, electronic surveying and Global Positioning Systems applications
- Acquire CAD, plan reading and visualization skills needed to create plans for today’s modern infrastructure
- Explore building and construction materials, project scheduling and estimating
- Develop construction surveying skills, estimating, materials testing and inspection, and geotechnical services
- Understand how structures work by learning the science of their materials
- Experience a very hands-on education consisting of many labs and practical projects over four semesters
Affiliations include the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).