Environmental Technician Program Description
Environmental Technician is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in the Environmental Technician program will learn the fundamentals of solid waste, water and wastewater treatment. Environmental Technician students will also:
- Study air pollution monitoring and control
- Learn how to sample and analyze for environmental pollutants
- Study the fundamentals of occupational safety and industrial hygiene
- Gain knowledge of environmental regulations, audits and ISO14000
Students can take advantage of the Cooperative Education option to gain work experience while in school.
Opportunities for Graduates
- Graduates and final year students are eligible to be registered as associate members of OACETT upon submission of the Graduate Application form available through OACETT
- Degree transfer opportunities available
- Students successfully completing STEN CY401 will have met the requirements of the Ministry of the Environment's Entry-Level course for Drinking Water Operators. This is done in partnership with the Ministry and the Walkerton Clean Water Centre.