Urban and Regional Planning Technician - Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Program Description
Urban and Regional Planning Technician - Geographic Information Systems program is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Mohawk's Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
The Urban and Regional Planning Technician program delivers a very hands-on education consisting of many labs and practical projects over four semesters. Students in the program will:
- Learn land use planning principles, planning law, process and documentation necessary to create active and sustainable communities
- Acquire CAD, plan reading, graphics and visualization skills needed to create plans for today’s modern infrastructure
- Develop surveying skills and geographic information systems (GIS) applications
- Explore subdivision development and design, site planning and detailed design, understand official plans, zoning by-laws, and provincial legislation
- Produce planning reports and make public presentations
Affiliations include the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technologists (CACPT).
Opportunities for Graduates
- Degree transfer opportunities available
- Complete a Bachelors degree at Ryerson University