Students can participate in iDeaWORKS projects through the following channels.
iDeaWORKS is for students who want to gain real-world experience and learn skills that will help them thrive in the future. It's a place and a culture dedicated to bringing innovative ideas to life. Whatever a student's field of study - music, advertising, graphic design, technology, business, occupational therapy - iDeaWORKS can provide the resources they need to create, build and innovate.
- Learn real-world skills that can be transferred directly to the workplace
- Build relationships with future employers
- Work with the latest technology
- Work with non-profit organizations to improve services and processes
- Access the mentorship and resources you need to start a small business
- Earn course credits
iDeaWORKS divides its projects under three integrated pillars:
Work on practical projects with a technical focus. Current iDeaWORKS projects span a range of sectors, including mobile technology, renewable energy, advanced materials, health and technology, and software development.
Apply innovative thinking techniques to complex problems. Improve or design a new service, process, approach, delivery or way of doing business.
Students learn to develop comprehensive business plans and build their ideas with the technology and support iDeaWORKS provides.