Career Consultant Certificate - 076
Career development has become a unique specialty that continues to evolve alongside economic and labour market changes. This program will interest individuals with experience in career development who wish to enhance their skills, and those in human service areas wishing to add these competencies to their employment profile. If you currently work in Education, Human Resources, Social Services, and Career Information Centres, Recruitment Firms, Employment Agencies, Rehabilitation and Multicultural Settings, you should find this program valuable.
- Learn about the Labour Market and National Occupational Codes
- Develop your counseling skills to assist individuals to achieve their dream jobs or careers
- Discover career development and digital resources to enhance your referrals
- Build your tools and techniques in resume development and career counseling
- Enhance your proficiencies and practice your individual and group facilitation skills
- Learn new measurement and assessment tools
Admission & Registration
- A degree or diploma in a related area is recommended.
You must be accepted into the program to be able to register for courses. Please complete the application page and include either a copy of online course marks or a digital transcript to receive a conditional offer. Official transcripts must be submitted in order to receive an official, and final, offer for the program.
Industries of Employment:
- Employment Ontario Services Providers/Agencies
- Human Resource departments
- Counselling or career counselling professions
- Educational institutions
- Recruitment firms
- Social services organizations
- Employment agencies
- WSIB and Rehabilitation services
Program of Studies
The program of study applies to students starting Fall 2016. Students currently in progress should contact us regarding a strategy for completion
Click on the course title for a course description.
- Develop awareness of yourself, gain greater insight into who you are and experience personal growth
- Discover how Career Consultants/Practitioners facilitate positive changes in the lives of others
- Learn to understand the needs of the labour market and how to direct individuals to find employment that matches their skills and abilities to the needs of the labour market and industry
- Build your skills in assessment and measurement of career resources to better support individuals looking for employment opportunities
- Gain core helping skills such as interviewing, assessing the needs of others, working effectively with groups, and assisting communities to change
- Develop the ability to document, build effective case management strategies and techniques and work within government requirements for legal and ethical frameworks of program delivery
- Understand the importance of respecting the uniqueness and dignity of all people in helping them achieve their career goals
Continuing Education Blog
Read our blog and discover more about Continuing Education at Mohawk College.