Mohawk would not have achieved top ranking College in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area without the dedication and outstanding contributions of faculty and staff.
The President's Awards of Excellence is a prestigious award program at the College
and is designed to recognize individual and team achievements which enhance the College experience for students and for peers. To recognize rich and meaningful contributions formally, consider a nomination for the President's Award of Excellence. These awards should recognize faculty, support and administrative staff who have made an outstanding contribution beyond the normal expectations of their position.
Why should you nominate someone for a President's Award of Excellence?
- To recognize, reinforce and or promote positive behaviours and performance
- To identify exceptional service; and contributions to the efficiency and effectiveness
of the College operations
- To showcase employees who positively impact the reputation of Mohawk College
Ten Awards of Excellence will be presented to an individual or team in each of the following 10 areas.
- Marketing & Student Recruitment, Registrars Office, Admissions, Financial Aid, Convocation & Registration Services, Scheduling & Academic Support , Operations
& Service Enhancement, Service Integration & Quality
- Office of VP Student Services, Dean of Students, Counselling & Accessible Learning Services, Student Engagement & Athletics, Student Success Initiatives, Aboriginal Education & Student Services
- Finance, Information Technology, Business Development & Retail
- Building & Facilities, Human Resources, President's Office, Legal, Communication, Mohawk College Foundation
- iDeaWORKS, Libraries & Learning, Learning Technologies, Applied Research, Academic Operations, International & Partnerships
- Business and Skilled Trades & Apprenticeship
- Engineering Technology and Media & Entertainment
- Health Sciences and Community & Urban Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Cross Functional Teams
The 10 Awards of Excellence recipients will be the finalists for the annual President's Award of Excellence.
2016 Call for Nominations
Awards of Excellence and President's Award
Nominations Open: Monday, March 14, 2016
Nominations Close: Friday, June 10, 2016
All of the award recipients will be announced and recognized during the annual President's Breakfast on August 31, 2016.
- The purpose of these annual awards is to recognize, reinforce and or promote positive behaviours and performance; the program is designed to reward employees who have made an outstanding contribution beyond that normally expected for their position and which supports the Mohawk College values, goals and objectives.
- Provided exceptional service to staff, faculty, students and/or the community
- Contributed to the efficiency and effectiveness of the College operations
- Demonstrated a direct or indirect contribution to the community which positively impacts the reputation of Mohawk College
- The program is open to all full time and part time employees who are employed on a continuing basis or for a term or contract of one or more year's duration and who are employed at the College on the date of the President's Award Breakfast (August 31, 2016). Members of the Management Executive Group (MEG) are not eligible for the awards
- Nominations must be third party, no self-nominations will be accepted
- Team Awards: Confirmation of team members is the responsibility of the nominator and must be completed at the time of the nomination submission
- This award program is not designed to recognize years of service or retirement
- The period of the award program is for achievements within a 12 month period ending May 27, 2016.
- Previous award winners are eligible to be nominated and selected for new achievements
For more information on the Mohawk College Awards of Excellence, contact Carol Mushing, Manager of Organizational and Professional Development, 905.575.2174 or carol.mushing [at] mohawkcollege.ca.