Business - Accounting - 316 - 356
- Experience a balance of accounting theory and practical applications with integrated computer technologies
- Specialize in financial accounting, cost and management accounting, taxation, business finance, and applied accounting systems
- Progress towards a professional accounting designation or advanced accounting certificate through CPA Ontario
- Transfer credits to a degree granting institution
- Upon completion of a common first semester, students can choose to transfer into second semester of one of the following programs:
- Business - Financial Services
- Business - Marketing
- Business Administration
- Business (General)
CPA Ontario has launched a new professional accounting certificate, Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF). Completion of the 2 year Accounting diploma will meet the pre-requisite requirements to enter the ACAF educational program. For more information, please visit the CPA Ontario (opens new window) website.
Progress towards an Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) through CPA Ontario. Transfer college credits to a degree granting institution for students considering the pursuit of a professional accounting designation. For more information, please visit the CPA Ontario (opens new window) website.
Minimum requirements for admission to the Business - Accounting Diploma program
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 11 Mathematics, C, M or U level or equivalent (M or U level recommended)
Note: An additional requirement based on overall grades may be required to proceed into some programs.
Option are available for mature applicants.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
The Business - Accounting Diploma program can lead to exciting career opportunities
Accounting careers may involve the following:
Industries of Employment:
- Small to Large Businesses and Manufacturing Companies
- Government and Public Service
- Public Practice
- Controllers, Accountants, Cost Accountants and Payroll Accountants
- Accounting and Related Clerks
- Accounting Assistants, Technicians and Junior Staff Accountants
- Junior Financial Analysts and Financial Cost Analysts
- Office Administrators
- Senior Management Positions for graduates pursuing a professional accounting designation
For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit Pathways and Credit Transfer
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for Business - Accounting (316)
- Review the program learning outcomes for Business - Accounting (356) - co-op
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.