Office Administration - Executive - 327
Students in Mohawk's Office Administration - Executive program will acquire specialized skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Project and Adobe Dreamweaver.
Students will learn to integrate advanced software skills in a simulated office environment, train in accounting fundamentals and specialized accounting software, and attain essential office skills including time management.
View the Exceptions Calendar for start dates and semester break information.
- Acquire specialized skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Project, Visio and Dreamweaver
- Integrate advanced software skills in a simulated office environment
- Train in accounting fundamentals, encompassing specialized accounting software
- Attain essential office skills including time management and organization, travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, planning events, taking and transcribing minutes
- Develop a professional portfolio and formulate a career plan
- Practice interviews with local business organizations
- Benefit from career-related guest speakers from the local business community and professional associations
- Experience a two-week program-related work placement in the business community
- Common semester 1 and 2 with Office Administration - General (380)
Minimum requirements for admission to the Office Administration – Executive Diploma program
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills recommended
Option are available for mature applicants.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
The Office Administration – Executive Diploma program can lead to exciting career opportunities
Executive office administration careers may involve the following:
Industries of Employment:
- Educational Institutions
- Corporate Offices
- Insurance Industries
- Financial Organizations
- Government Offices
- Small Businesses
- Office Administrators
- Executive Assistants
- Administrative Assistants
- Project Coordinators
- Graduates may transfer directly into the third semester of one of the other Office Administration specialty programs provided
- For degree transfer/ completion opportunities, visit mohawkcollege.ca/ credittransfer Affiliations
- Students have membership opportunities with the Mohawk College Association of Administrative Professionals and graduates have membership opportunities with the International Association of Administrative Professionals
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Visit the Office Administration & Travel and Tourism Student Work Experience Partnership page for information on the field placement opportunities for this program!
Discover what our students are saying!