Office Administration - General - 380
In only two semesters, students in Mohawk’s Office Administration – General program will develop the essential skills needed for an exciting career as an administrative assistant.
A one-year program that prepares you for the working world with valuable skills and experience.
The Office Administration - General program provides individuals with a fast track to employment within one year. Students will become skilled in the performance of essential office tasks such as document preparation, filing, digital transcription, and customer service.
- Become skilled in the performance of essential office tasks such as document preparation, filing, digital transcription, and customer service
- Acquire a basic understanding of financial concepts
- Develop career-enhancing capabilities in microcomputers and current business applications software using MS Office: Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Create web pages using HTML coding
- Enhance internet research skills
Minimum requirements for admission to the Office Administration – General Certificate program
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills recommended
Don't have the necessary requirements?
The Office Administration – General Certificate program can lead to exciting career opportunities
Office administration careers may involve the following
Industries of Employment
- Insurance Agencies
- Educational Institutions
- General Business Services
- Industrial Sectors
- Non-profit Organizations
- Administrative Assistants
- Customer Service Representatives
Graduates may continue into the second year of the Office Administration diploma program, specializing in the Executive, Legal or Health Services field, provided that there are seats available in the program requested.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Visit the Office Administration & Travel and Tourism Student Work Experience Partnership page for information on the field placement opportunities for this program!
Discover what our students are saying!