Small Business and Entrepreneurship - 179
Small Business and Entrepreneurship is a one-year Ontario College Certificate offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in the Small Business and Entrepreneurship program will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to complete a comprehensive business plan and learn to effectively manage a small business.
- Learn through panel discussions, seminars and workshops focusing on planning, start-up and future development of a successful small business
- In this interactive program, graduate with a completed business plan that gives you a head start in obtaining funding and launching your own business
- Learn to effectively manage a small business
- Learn how to carry forward an idea within an organization
- Establish networks, both within the classroom and the business community, to advance either business or entrepreneurial career goals
- Experience an exceptional blend of academic content, practical training and advice enriched through contact with successful business owners, business professionals, government representatives and members of the local business community
- Enjoy small group and one-on-one faculty coaching
- Transfer your educational background and work experience to the business world! Take what you learned in college and use the Small Business and Entrepreneurship program to build your business on your educational foundation
- Mature applicants welcome!
Shining the spotlight on entrepreneurialism at Mohawk
Spotlight on: Melanie Sodtka, McKeil School of Business Professor and Faculty Lead for SURGE. Read about entrepreneurialism at Mohawk, at Mohawk News Desk (opens new window)
SURGE at Mohawk College
Managed by the McKeil School of Business, SURGE supports entrepreneurship awareness, education, training experiences, learning opportunities, mentorship, star speakers, pitch competitions – all to provide you access to start your own sustainable business! Visit the SURGE web site.
Connect to industry and potential partners, as well as gain access to critical resources through SURGE, Mohawk’s dedicated Entrepreneurship program. SURGE provides expert training on how to pitch your idea, matched with a business mentor or coach and find yourself in a co-working space with other like-minded entrepreneurs.
Minimum requirements for admission to the Small Business and Entrepreneurship program
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED)
Option are available for mature applicants.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
The Small Business and Entrepreneurship program can lead to exciting career opportunities
Industries of Employment:
- Build Your Own Business
- Buy an Existing Business
- Own/Operate a Franchise
- Manage a Small Business
- Financial Services
- Personal Services
- Educational Services
- Advertising and Promotion
- Sales Representatives
- Small Business Owners
- Franchisees or Franchisors
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Discover what our students are saying!