Educational Support - Intensive - 997
Students in Mohawk's Educational Support - Intensive program will develop knowledge and skills to work with and support exceptional children in their learning.
- Develop knowledge and skills to work with and support exceptional children and youth in their learning
- Apply theory and skills in field placement experiences and prepare for the real world
- Assist students with everything from academics to social and life skills in a school or alternative setting
Minimum requirements for admission to the Educational Support - Intensive Diploma program
- University degree in Humanities or Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Education) or college diploma related to Human Services (70% guideline) or equivalent
- Attendance at program orientation is strongly recommended
- Applicants should note that some employment opportunities require that certain physical standards must be met as a condition of employment
Minimum iPad Requirements
iPads are required to be used in this program.
Mohawk College makes every effort to keep all our educational costs to a minimum, these costs are subject to change. Additional costs may apply.
For iPad questions, please email karen.falls1 [at] mohawkcollege.ca
- Field placements may occur at locations that are not accessible by public transit. As such, students shall be expected to either have access to a car or the ability to supply their own transportation when attending field placement activity. Mohawk shall not be responsible for providing students with transportation to field placements within or outside the Hamilton region.
- Registered students who have been convicted of an offence under the criminal code for which they have not been pardoned may be denied the opportunity to enter field placement.
Note: this is a Competitive Program
Apply before the application end date. Read more about Competitive Programs.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
The Educational Support - Intensive Diploma program can lead to exciting career opportunities
Educational Support - Intensive careers may involve the following:
Industries of Employment:
- School Boards
- Private Schools
- Community Facilities offering Special Education
- College and post high school programs
- Educational Assistants
- Learning Facilitators
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
For students starting January 2016. Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Become an Agency
If you would like to become an Agency that takes students on placement from Mohawk College's Human Services programs, please visit the Human Services Placement page.