General Arts and Science (University Transfer) - 208
In high school, you have had to make choices, possibly long before you are able to figure out where your interests lie. If those choices have left you unsure or unprepared to pursue a dream - we can help!
Missing admission requirements for a college program?
Looking for a pathway to university?
Confused about your future?
Hoping to upgrade your academic skills?
University Transfer Pathway:
Complete a TWO YEAR diploma in General Arts & Science - University Transfer (208) and earn up to 1.5 years worth of transfer credit at the university level.
Graduates of the General Arts and Science program are prepared to pursue careers in every industry. Our students have gone on to become healthcare workers, engineers, entrepreneurs, television broadcasters, researchers, lawyers, and even professors in our program.
Learn more about the General Arts and Science program:
Why General Arts & Science at Mohawk
No other program provides you with the opportunity to explore as many different academic and career paths as General Arts and Science.
Who Should Apply:
- Not sure about your future? Keep your options open while you work towards your certificate, diploma... or degree.
- Missing admission requirements for a college program? Obtain your admission requirements, upgrade your academic skills and even earn credits toward your future program.
- Looking for a pathway to university? This program prepares students for success at any level.
- Experience the benefits of a program designed to help you students reach and achieve their desired academic path and career potential
- Choose from a wide selection of course options that, upon successful program completion, can lead to future studies in Business, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Human Services and many other college and university programs
- Gain transferable academic and employability skills that promote student success in postsecondary education and in the workplace
General Arts & Science offers students:
- Faculty expertise from a wide variety of subject areas
- One-on-one student/faculty advising
- An academic team committed to student success
Minimum requirements for admission to the General Arts and Science programs
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 10 Mathematics, D or P level or equivalent is recommended for students taking Math and Science courses
Option are available for mature applicants.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
- Students who successfully complete the 3 required courses, 9 optional courses from year one and all 12 required courses from year two with an overall GPA of 60% or higher, receive the General Arts and Science Diploma.
- Mohawk College Grading and Evaluation
- Pursue further education in:
- Human Services
- Practical Nursing
- Social Sciences
- Media Studies
- Health Specialist
- Enhance your chances of acceptance into a competitive program at Mohawk and other colleges
- Enhance your chances of acceptance into a Canadian university
- For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit Pathways and Credit Transfer
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.