Mechanical Techniques (Production Framer) - 577
This Program will prepare you for a promising career in Production Framing. You will gain essential skills and knowledge in a broad based curriculum, including:
- Preparation to pursue careers related to the competitive world of production framing
- Program outcomes that support the first level of Construction Engineering Technician – Building Renovation
- Basic skills for the trade of Carpentry
- Fundamentals of team dynamics while integrating workplace management and trouble shooting techniques
- Promotion of Health and Safety awareness
Applicants to the Mechanical Techniques programs must have the minimum requirements for admission
OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 11 English, E, C or U
- Grade 10 Mathematics, L, D or P
Contact Admissions for options that are available for mature applicants.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
Graduates of this certificate have a variety of options in the Production Framing Market or Residential Renovation Market, in occupations such as:
- Apprentice Carpenter
- Renovation Carpenter
- Rough Carpenter
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.