Chemical Engineering Technology - 533
Chemical Engineering Technology is a three-year Ontario College Advanced Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Mohawk's Chemical Engineering Technology program is an enhanced program that includes topics such as Quality Assurance / Control Method validation, ISO concepts, project management and occupational health and safety.
- Study the areas of quality control research, sampling, analysis, production and process control
- Understand the theoretical and practical lab skills required to develop a wide range of traditional and modern instrumental techniques used in fields such as Analytical, Organic and Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Process Automation
- Understand the concept of Sampling and Monitoring to reduce the impact of technological growth on our fragile environment
Affiliation includes the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) upon submission of the Graduate Application form available through OACETT. Visit OACETT (opens new window)
Co-op Education Advantage
Earn while you learn with paid work semesters Co-op Services
Applicants to the Chemical Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma program must have the minimum requirements for admission
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 12 Mathematics; MAP4C ≥ 80% or MCT4C; or any U or equivalent*
- Senior Chemistry
- Senior Physics is recommended
- Students should have a working knowledge of MS Office and Office Suite prior to starting the program. Computer Skills for College COMP CO002 or equivalent is recommended
Note: Applicants that do not satisfy minimum requirements will be provided an alternate offer to Pre-Technology as a pathway to desired program. Successful graduates from this program will be considered for advanced standing into original program choice.
*Applicants with a MAP4C less than 80% that would like to challenge the math requirements may do so by writing a Pre-admission assessment test for a fee.
Contact Admissions for options that are available for mature applicants.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
The Chemical Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma program prepares students for long-lasting careers
Industries of Employment
- Chemical Processing
- Technical Sales
- Food and Beverage
- Chemical Engineering Technologist
Pathway to the one-year Power Engineering Techniques Certificate program
Students prepare for the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) 4th Class Operating Engineering Examination
Graduates are eligible to apply for a course exemption in Applied Science Engineering (GSCI 10008) in Semester 1
- Visit Power Engineering Techniques for more information
- For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit Pathways and Credit Transfer
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.