Civil Engineering Technology - 534
- Learn about municipal services, potable water, storm water and waste water management systems
- Design roadways and gain an understanding of construction techniques, construction layout, electronic surveying and Global Positioning Systems applications
- Acquire CAD, plan reading and visualization skills needed to create plans for today’s modern infrastructure
- Explore building and construction materials, project scheduling, estimating and management
- Develop construction surveying skills, estimating, materials testing and inspection, and geotechnical services
- Design structures in steel, timber, masonry and concrete
- Understand how our infrastructure works by learning the science of their materials and operation
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT), Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) and the Ontario Good Roads Association (OGRA).
Applicants to the Civil Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma program must have the minimum requirements for admission
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 12 Mathematics; MAP4C ≥ 80% or MCT4C; or any U or equivalent*
- Grade 11 Physics and Grade 10, 11 or 12 Design Technology recommended
Note for September 2016 Admission: Applicants that do not satisfy minimum requirements will be provided an alternate offer to Pre-Technology as a pathway to desired program. Successful graduates from this program will be considered for advanced standing into original program choice.
Applicants with a MAP4C<80% that would like to challenge the math requirements may do so by writing a Pre-admission assessment test for a fee.
Note for September 2017 Admission: Applicants that do not satisfy minimum requirements will be provided an alternate offer to Pre-Technology as a pathway to desired program. Successful graduates from this program will be considered for advanced standing into original program choice.
Applicants with a MAP4C from 60-79% that would like to challenge the math requirements may do so by writing a Pre-admission assessment test for a fee.
Option are available for mature applicants.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
The Civil Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma program prepares students for long-lasting careers in the infrastructure industry.
Industries of Employment:
- Public and Private Sectors
- Engineering Consulting
- General Contracting
- Construction Companies
- Construction Supervisors
- Civil Engineering Technologists
- Surveying Technologists
- Project Managers
- Graduates can complete a Bachelor of Technology - Civil Engineering Infrastructure Degree (opens new window) at McMaster University
- For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit Pathways and Credit Transfer
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.