Mechanical Techniques Certificate ProgramsNew pre-apprenticeship programs in the following areas - Electrician, Welder, Plumber, Production Framer, Millwright & CNC (Machinist)
This program introduces a spectrum of skilled trades that can lead to specialist programs, in a broad range of industries
The Construction Sector is one of the largest industries in Canada employing one in 16 workers. The Industrial Sector is experiencing growth in manufacturing technology, maintenance, process control and automation. Skilled trades people are in demand and will be well into the future. Students gain trades training with a focus on professional practice, quality and sustainable practices.
Mohawk College is now offering new and exciting programs in a variety of skilled trades sectors at the Stoney Creek Campus, Hamilton.
Students gain trades training with a focus on professional practice, quality and sustainable practices beyond the scope of a traditional pre-apprenticeship program.
- Contact the Program Coordinator (programs 571, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577) for more information
- Contact the Program Coordinator (program 579) for more information
- Read the Admission Requirements
- Program outcomes support the first level of the in-school curriculum of the trade
- Learn the tools of the trade and explore opportunities within the trade
Explore one of these skilled trades in their industries of employment:
- Machinist, CNC Operator/Programmer
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Production Framing
|All Mechanical Techniques programs are offered at the Stoney Creek Campus||Program Length||Start Date:|
|Electrical Monitoring & Systems - 573||1 Year|
|Welding and Fabrication - 574||1 Year|
|Manufacturing Processes - 575||1 Year|
|Plumbing - 576||1 Year|
|Production Framer - 577||1 Year|
|Cabinetry - 579||1 Year||Open|