Off-Campus Housing Services for Students
Student Engagement offers many off-campus housing services for students including:
- An online searchable database of housing listings for Hamilton, Stoney Creek, and Brantford
- Courtesy telephone for contacting prospective landlords
- Free print-outs of listings
- Free forms and resources
- Free two-month subscription to full-time post-secondary students who are landlords themselves
Online Resources for Students
The following is a list of resources for students living off-campus. As always, feel free to contact the Off Campus Housing Department at 905-575-2262 if you have any questions or concerns.
- Online searchable database of housing listings
- Housing zone maps and descriptions
- Mohawk College Residence
- Roommate information
- Start Smart Housing presentation (Powerpoint)
- City of Hamilton garbage collection information
- More Tenant Resources (PDF)
- Looking for Child Care? Click Here
Publications for Students
Off Campus Housing Handbook (PDF)
The Off Campus Housing Handbook contains lots of great information for students who are looking for a place to live or who are living on their own for the first time . The guide includes instructions for searching our database, important contact information as well as helpful advice on what to look for in a rental, and things to consider when moving.
Good Neighbour Guide (PDF)
While living off campus it is important to create a good, friendly relationship with your neighbours. These people may live next to you for many months or even years. The Good Neighbour Guide will provide you with tips on how to be a Good Neighbour.
Roommate Etiquette Guide (PDF)
One of the most important aspects of living off campus is your relationship with your roommates. A conflict with a roommate can have a great impact on your success as a student. The Roommate Etiquette Guide will help you to avoid these kinds of conflicts and give you guidelines that will help you resolve issues that do.
Other helpful publications: