The IFSB application for the Winter 2017 semester is now available. Complete the Financial Need Assessment Profile for CE Students to be reviewed for IFSB or Awards.
Students approved for IFSB will be required to pay 25% of their tuition prior to registration. IFSB will fund a maximum of two courses per semester, at 75% of the tuition cost. IFSB may cover up to 100% of book expenses per course.
Students registering for the upcoming semester apply through the online application to be considered for financial assistance.
Financial Need Assessment Profile for Continuing Education Students
Students completing this profile will be reviewed for possible funding through Institution-Funded Special Bursary (IFSB) or Awards in an academic semester.
Print the Document Submission Checklist for Continuing Education Students (opens PDF, 471kb) and submit with your supporting documentation to Student Services at any Mohawk College campus (Fennell: The Square - Rm. C102; McMaster: The Square - located across Rm. 123; Stoney Creek: Welcome Center - Rm. A111) within five days of your online application submission. Your application will not be reviewed without the completed supporting documentation.
Students applying with less than 10 days to the course(s) start date will have to pay up-front to be registered while the application is being reviewed. If approved for funding, a refund will be issued after the 3rd week of classes.
IFSB is intended to support students with limited income to achieve their first post-secondary certificate or diploma through Continuing Education.
To be included in the review for possible financial assistance, the applicant must meet the following:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person
- Not receiving grant or loan funding from:
- The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- The Canada Student Loans Program (CSLP)
- Second Career
- A student financial assistance program from another province, territory or country.
- Taking approved courses and are enrolled:
- through continuing education in a post-secondary program that leads to a degree, diploma or a certificate
- to upgrade your academic skills
- in a course at least four weeks in length
Students are required to provide:
- All supporting documentation as listed on the Document Submission Checklist for Continuing Education Students (opens PDF, 471kb).
- A letter detailing why you are requesting financial assistance.
Failure to provide this information within the stated timeline may result in the application not being reviewed.
Student and family income limits apply as per the Ministry's Guideline.
For more information, contact Miranda Jongeling at miranda-jongeling [at] mohawkcollege.ca.