Students should complete a "Continuation of Interest-Free Status/Confirmation of Enrolment (Schedule 2) (opens PDF)" (CIF) each term to ensure they will not accrue interest or have payments of their OSAP loans while attending school full-time.
Pay close attention to deadlines!
Forms submitted during the last 13 days of your current study period may not be accepted. Forms submitted after the end of your current study period will not be accepted.
Students not completing this form will be expected to start re-paying their OSAP six months after they last attended post-secondary school as a full-time student.
Co-op Students Receiving OSAP
- Read the information package for students receiving OSAP (opens PDF)
- Before starting your Co-op Work Placement, please remember to print the "Continuation of Interest-Free Status (opens PDF) form from the Ontario Student Assistance Program website (opens new window).
- Complete the top section and be sure to include your Mohawk student number. Submit this form to the Financial Assistance Office or the Student Services Office at your campus.
- If you are on an eight or twelve month Co-op Placement, you will need to submit the Continuation of Interest-Free Status (opens PDF) form at the beginning of each co-op term or academic semester.
- Please note that if you have outstanding fees owing to Mohawk College, we may not be able to process your CIF. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Mohawk student account is in good standing.
Previous OSAP Recipients
Students currently registered having previous OSAP loans but not receiving OSAP for the current academic semester should complete the CIF form for each term you are not receiving OSAP. Submit the completed form at the beginning of each term to the Financial Assistance Office or Student Services Office at your campus.