You are eligible to apply for OSAP if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person
- Planning to enrol in at least 60 percent of a full course load in a Ministry approved program at Mohawk College.
- Students with a documented permanent disability are eligible to apply if they are planning to enrol in at least 40 percent of a full course load.
- To be eligible for Ontario Student Loans under OSAP, you must have resided in Ontario for 12 consecutive months before starting your full-time post-secondary education without attending college or university (outside of Ontario) during the 12 month period.
- If you are married/common-law and have not resided in Ontario for 12 consecutive months, you may qualify for Ontario residency through your spouse/partner.
- If you are a "dependent", you may qualify through your parent(s), legal guardian(s) or official sponsor(s). Contact Mohawk's Financial Assistance Office for details.
- Visit How to Get OSAP (opens new window) to learn about eligibility requirements.
Note: Parental financial information and consent are needed for "dependent" students applying directly out of high school.
- For a complete list of required OSAP documentation and status updates be sure to check your OSAP account regularly online at the OSAP (opens new window) website.