Assessments for Success
Preparing for College Success
Congratulations on your offer of admission and welcome to Mohawk College!
- Assessments for Success are designed to assess your skills and help you succeed; they do not affect your offer of admission.
- Completing your assessment early will help you succeed by ensuring that you are placed in the Communications course that is right for you.
- Based on your program, the Communications Assessment may exempt you from one or more of your required Communications courses.
- As well, if your program requires Math, the assessment will determine any recommended developmental work and may be used to determine exemption eligibility.
Please book your Assessments for Success starting in mid-February. Assessments begin in mid-March. Assessing early will give you more timetable options.
To book your Assessments for Success appointment online:
- Login to your MoCoMotion Account
- Click on "Book your Assessments for Success" (on the Main Menu).
- Please note, Assessments are written at Mohawk College - Fennell Campus
Step By Step Instructions
- Book your Assessments for Success date and time through your MoCoMotion Account.
- Print the confirmation page.
- Prepare for your assessment by reviewing the Assessment Procedures and by using our online resources.
- Arrive at the assessment 30 minutes before your scheduled date and time.
- Write your assessment(s).
- Receive your results and any developmental work you may be required to complete immediately following the assessment.
ESL (English as a Second Language) students have the option to complete a language-based assessment which is structured for second language students. Please call the at 905-575-1212 ext 3569 to book your language-based assessment.
All students with disabilities who require testing accommodation for writing the Assessments for Success should contact Accessible Learning Services Reception at 905-575-2211 or 519-759-6014 (Brantford) for assistance. Students will be directed to complete a Confidential Intake Form and scheduled into a Accessible Learning Services Group Intake Session. Full Accessible Learning Services Registration Information is available at Accessible Learning Services.
If you have any questions, please call:
- 905-575-2042 from Hamilton (call collect from other areas)
- 519-759-7200 ext. 2042 from Brantford
- or email Assessment