Health Occupation Aptitude Examination (HOAE) for Personal Support Worker (PSW) to Practical Nursing (PN) Bridging Program (758)
PSW to PN Bridging Students – Winter 2014
This bridging program is for Certificate-prepared Personal Service Worker students to facilitate a clear path for advanced standing into second semester of the Mohawk Practical Nursing program (715). *For graduates of Personal Support Worker programs in Accredited Ontario Colleges since 2006 only.
Interested applicants must:
- Visit the PSW to PN Bridging webpage for program details and information on admission requirements.
- Apply through OCAS to the PSW to PN Bridging program (758).
- Submit documentation supporting your eligibility.
- Complete a mandatory standardized Health Occupation Aptitude Examination (HOAE) before the deadline.
Booking and Deadlines:
Booking a test date for the Winter 2014 intake will begin May 22nd 2013. Your HOAE must be booked by July 19th. Your are encouraged to book early as spaces and dates are limited. Testing will take place in July 2013. The last day to write the HOAE with Mohawk College is July 26th 2013.
Step By Step Instructions:
- You must be granted approval from the program Admissions Advisor before you are able to book your HOAE appointment. Once you have received an invitation to take the HOAE, please contact the Pre-Admission Testing Centre at 905-575-2448 or 519-759-7200 x2448 to schedule your session date and time. There is a $50 fee to write the HOAE.
- Prepare for your test using our on-line resources (below).
- Arrive 30-60 minutes early to ensure adequate time to park, process fee payment, and locate the testing room.
- Provide the Testing Centre with photo identification and proof of payment (the receipt provided to you by the Registration Centre at The Square – see below).
- Write your test. The maximum time allowed for the test is 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- You will be provided with a handout upon test completion with instructions on how to access your HOAE scores through your MoCoMotion account.
A test fee of $50 is due prior to testing.
If testing during regular business hours (8:30am – 4:30pm), the test payment of $50 must be made at The Square (Room C102) prior to testing. Acceptable methods of payment at the Registration Centre are Cash, Money Order, Debit, Visa or MasterCard.
If you are writing the HOAE in the evening (after 4:30pm), you may pay prior to your test time at “The Square” (Room C102) during regular business hours, or bring payment to your scheduled exam appointment (if testing after 4:30 pm). If payment is brought to the appointment, the only acceptable method of payment is a Money Order or Cashier’s Cheque made payable to 'Mohawk College.'
Things to bring with you to the College:
- Photo identification (Driver's License, Health Card, Student Card, Passport)
- An acceptable method of payment and/or the receipt provided to you after payment is made at the Registration Centre.
- The HOAE can only be written once per application cycle. There are no re-writes. If you have written the HOAE for Fall 2013, your results will be used towards your Winter 2014 application as well.
- To guarantee a test date, please book your testing appointment as soon as possible.
- No external aids, including calculators and dictionaries, are permitted.
Are you an Applicant with a disability?
If you are an applicant with a disability, testing accommodations may be arranged with appropriate documentation. Please call the Pre-Admission Testing Centre at 905-575-2448 or 519-759-7200 x2448 as soon as possible to indicate that you require testing accommodations.
A detailed list of resources such as sample questions and frequently asked questions is available below. You may e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions related to test procedures.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Questions
- PSW to PN Bridging Program Information Page
- Practical Nursing Program Information Page
- Additional HOAE Information
- Off-Site Testing
- Transferring Your HOAE Results to and from Mohawk
- Understanding Your HOAE Results
If you have questions regarding the PSW to PN Bridging program or admission requirements, contact Brenda Campbell, Program Admissions Advisor - IAHS.