Mohawk College has been recognized as one of Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation is Canada's largest institutional net zero building and Hamilton's first. Mohawk would not have been able to accomplish these achievements without the efforts of all of our dedicated employees. Here are some of the opportunities that Mohawk College employees enjoy.
Learn & Grow Professionally!
- Mohawk Mentoring Program and Social Learning Networking Group brings together employees looking to develop and share their skills and knowledge
- Customized team training sessions designed to support high-performance
- Access to LinkedIn Learning, which provides over 9,000 self-paced video tutorials for free
- Professional Development Leaves provide employees the opportunity to develop their professional skills
- Mohawk College Continuing Education courses offered for $20 per course
- Tuition Assistance for Employees provides up to $10,500 in financial assistance for each post-secondary diploma, undergraduate degree, graduate (Masters or Doctoral) degree, and Professional or Trade Association courses taken outside Mohawk College
- Leadership programs designed specifically to nurture future ready leaders
- Weekly Professional Development announcements for in-class sessions
- All employees can view monthly Professional Development opportunities on our learning calendar
- Mental Health and Wellness workshops provided to help employees enhance their skills and knowledge of maintaining a healthy lifestyle
Enjoy the Onsite Amenities!
- On-site Health Centre boasts a multi-disciplinary team offering medical, therapeutic, dental, and wellness services
- Full-service athletic facility with state-of-the-art equipment and instructor-led classes offered at a discounted rate
- Beautiful outdoor spaces, including the Hoop Dance Gathering Space, walking paths, rooftop pollinator garden, and seating areas
- On-Campus Community Gardens provide employees space to grow their own fruits and vegetables
- Preferred parking lots, reduced rates for electric vehicles and carpoolers, as well as a bicycle loan program
- The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation, one of the largest institutional net zero carbon buildings in Canada and the first of its kind in Ontario
- Employees enjoy a wide variety of dining options around campus, as well as a local food farm stand
- The newly-renovated McIntyre Performing Arts Centre is a prime artistic space for professional and amateur performing arts
- Mohawk's Stoney Creek Campus for Skilled Trades features top technology and professional facilities, including the Sustainable Research Centre which supports real-world training on living labs
- Garner the benefit of our Mohawk-McMaster partnership at Mohawk's Institute for Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) Campus which hosts modern, state-of-the-art laboratories
- As of January 1, 2019, all Mohawk Campuses will become smoke-free to provide a healthy and safe learning and working environment
Reap the Benefits!
- All employees are entitled to join the CAAT Benefit Pension Plan at any point during their employment
- All employees enjoy additional time off during the winter holidays
- Tuition Assistance for dependents of Full-Time Employees, refunding all but $50 of tuition fees
- Employees can receive up to 6 weeks of vacation
- Employees benefit from access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Mohawk offers 93% top up of maternity and parental leave pay to full-time employees
- Health care benefits package that includes dental, eye care, prescription drugs, medical travel insurance, as well as chiropractor, naturopathy, acupuncture, and many more
Have a Voice!
- Mohawk's Soapbox motivates employees to share ideas, best practices, and suggestions, inspiring employees to vote for top ideas that will be responded to by management
- Ask the President encourages employees to submit anonymous questions or comments
- Breakfast with the President is a monthly gathering with employees that supports dialogue across the college
- Employee engagement surveys, action plans, and pulse surveys are some of the ways Mohawk values employee feedback
- Mohawk employees recognize their colleagues by sending an eThanks! or nominating them for an Award of Excellence, or Mohawk Everyday Hero Award