Operational leadership for the Centre falls under the direction of Tim Fricker, the Dean of Students at Mohawk College, and includes a team of researchers that coordinate daily activities.
A number of post-secondary education leaders and experts will provide advice and support to the Centre via a Research Partner Selection Panel and an Expert Advisory Council. A Research and Data Analytics Partner will also be selected to support the analysis and reporting of a variety of research projects.
The Research Partner Selection Panel is made up of leaders in college student success from outside of Mohawk College who will ensure the most qualified partners are selected after each annual call for partners. Specifically, this panel will:
- Provide guidance on the content of our annual call for partners
- Create/review the evaluation criteria used to select college partners
- Review and evaluate each submission
The Expert Advisory Council is made up of a group of experts in College Student Success that will act as an advisory group for the Centre and provide support to advance its research agenda, reputation, reach and impact. Specifically, this role also includes:
- Providing advice and guidance to the overall direction of the centre
- Acting as coaches and mentors for partners to help execute projects if needed
- Serve as reviewers of papers and publications
- Participating in the annual symposium as presenters and panelists
- Author/co-author blogs and academic papers as opportunities arise
The Research and Data Analytics Partner will be selected to assist the Centre and our selected college research partners collect and analyze the data.
The role includes:
- Participating in all regular project meetings and activities, including the annual symposium in March of each year. This will include presentations and similar knowledge translation activities.
- Serving as the data and analytics lead for Mohawk and the participating colleges.
- Providing advice to all partners on research methods as it pertains to data capture and analysis.
- Receiving, storing and maintaining anonymized research data from participating institutions using a confidential and secure data transfer process.
- Producing interim and final research reports for each round of research to be published by the Centre.
- Providing summary data and findings for each partner college.