Mohawk College Security is the central lost and found location for the Fennell campus. When items are received in security we tag all items with a unique number and enter them into our database in order to track all property. These items are stored in a secure location for 30 days. If your name, student number, or telephone number is anywhere on the item, we will do our best to get in touch with you by phone or email.
If we do not have your item when you first check with us, please wait a few days and check back with us again. Items often come to our office through a variety of methods which takes time to be sorted and delivered.
- Retrace your steps: Visit classes/rooms that you have been in
- Talk to professors/staff/instructors who may have seen the item
- Contact Security Services in C103 to report your item as lost
- Bring the item to Security Services in C103
If you have found something please turn it over to Security as promptly as possible. Please do not attempt to contact the owner yourself. This often results in confusion for all parties involved. We have the resources to contact students and staff but if you believe you may know who it belongs to that information would be greatly appreciated.
Tips for helping us help you!
- Write your name and student number on your books, notebooks, binders, everything that you can. It helps us contact you.
- Check your Mohawk email frequently, this is the email that we have on record for you.
- Respond to emails sent to you by us promptly so that we can arrange a pick up. If you cannot pick up your item within the allotted time we can make alternate accommodations for you.
- Make sure that all contact information provided to the college is up to date
- Add contact information to the lock screen of your smart phone
- Have important items like laptops, phones, ipods, bikes, etc engraved with a number known to you.