Within every student is the potential to be a great leader! Explore, discover and master your capacity for leadership. Gain greater insight to your leadership potential by developing the skills, attitudes and knowledge bases needed for success as a leader both at and beyond Mohawk College.
During the Fall and Winter Semesters, Student Life facilitates Student Leadership Development opportunities.
Sessions for 2019-20 are currently under development. Stay tuned!
Intrigue at the Arnie: The Chalice of Destiny
A dinner party where students will need to put their critical thinking skills to the test to discover who stole the Chalice of Destiny.
My Grown Up Life
A life sized board game where students must travel through the map and complete challenges for points.
- Interactive sessions with resources and strategies provided
- Professional development for your resume and Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
- Learn about various volunteer and student leader opportunities on campus
- Complimentary lunch
Check Out What Students Think
- "Getting to know people, learning new strategies and enhancing your skills"
- "The opportunity to interact with fellow peers"
- "I loved all the games, I enjoyed meeting new friends"
- "Got to meet lots of new people, made new friends and had many questions answered. Really liked the enthusiasm and energy everyone brought to the day"
- "Learned some problem solving techniques"
- "Learned different ways to prioritize and manage time"
- "Workshop and activities were very engaging"
- "The morning energizer was really fun and a great way to open"
- I found that teamwork and communication is important. It helped me improve my confidence
- "I really enjoyed the discussion about leadership qualities, dealing with pressure and the MSA activities"