The Career Ready webinar series helps students and recent graduates develop personal and professional skills that assist with transitioning into a successful “Life after Mohawk”. These interactive and informative webinars support the development of important soft skills, which are not traditionally learned in classrooms.
Spring Virtual Webinar Series
All webinars will be recorded and shared after the event.
Cover Letter and Resume Writing | Tuesday, June 1 @ 1 pm
Your cover letter is a personal introduction -it tells the employer who you are and why you want to work for their company. Learn how to write a brief yet compelling cover letter that will leave the employer craving more information.
Discover the workings of an acceptable resume and learn how to articulate your talents and experiences effectively. Your resume is an opportunity to demonstrate to the employer that you have what it takes. Learn how to make it count!
Interviewing in Today's World | Wednesday, June 9 @ 1 pm
Learn the ins and outs of job interviewing! Feel confident in job interviews and improve your chances of getting hired through proper preparation. This webinar will cover how to dress, speak, what your background should be for virtual interviews and so much more!
Succeeding at the Workplace | Wednesday, June 16 @ 1 pm
Learn how to work well in Canada by projecting a professional image and understanding your workplace culture.
Financial Life After College | Tuesday, June 22 @ 1 pm
Join us to learn practical tips for improving your financial wellness as you look ahead to life after college. This webinar presentation by Mo’Money will cover:
- Learning What You Can Afford: budgets and debt management
- How to find your student loan information
- Ways to reduce your overall borrowing costs after college
- Providing visibility into current and projected loan indebtedness
- Sources for diversifying funding options for a post-grad program
Enjoy watching a recorded webinar by IDEAWORKS
Applied Research Webinars
- Enhancing industry Training in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: explore how a new hybrid model of remote and hands-on learning can help enhance ultrasound training for sonographers.
- How Emerging Technology Can Help Improve Seizure Detection: explore the role that emerging tech plays in developing automated medical alert systems.
- Characterizing Growth Condition of Plants using Multispectral Sensors Installed on a UAV: discover how drones can be used to monitor crop health.
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Webinars
- The Wellness Connection Program & The Power of Peer Mentorship: discover how to integrate peer mentorship into an academic program.
- Mind the Gap: Arts-based Strategies for Enhancing Essential Employability Skills: understand how the arts can help improve student communication skills.
- Impact of Experiential Learning Camp Retreat on Student Success: explore how participating in an experiential outdoor camp retreat impacts student success with post-secondary college students.
- Can College Students Work as Partners with Faculty? Testing a Student-Faculty Partnership for Co-constructing an ECE Outdoor Play Resource: discover how a student-faculty partnership helped create an outdoor play resource guide.
- How to Create a Positive Learning Environment with the Start-Stop-Continue App: explore how a remote student feedback app can improve classroom engagement.
- Tools of Engagement: How Workshops Increased Assistive Technology Usage: learn how training can help improve student engagement and usage of assistive technology.
Interested in learning more about research at Mohawk College? Feel free to get in touch with the ideaworks [at] mohawkcollege.ca (IDEAWORKS) team. You can also keep up to date with IDEAWORKS on LinkedIn .