The Career Ready webinar series helps students and recent graduates develop personal and professional skills that assist with transitioning into a successful “Life after Mohawk”. These interactive and informative webinars support the development of important soft skills, which are not traditionally learned in classrooms.
Spring Virtual Workshop Series
Schedule coming soon.
Enjoy watching a recorded webinar by IDEAWORKS
Applied Research Webinars
- Enhancing industry Training in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: explore how a new hybrid model of remote and hands-on learning can help enhance ultrasound training for sonographers.
- How Emerging Technology Can Help Improve Seizure Detection: explore the role that emerging tech plays in developing automated medical alert systems.
- Characterizing Growth Condition of Plants using Multispectral Sensors Installed on a UAV: discover how drones can be used to monitor crop health.
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Webinars
- The Wellness Connection Program & The Power of Peer Mentorship: discover how to integrate peer mentorship into an academic program.
- Mind the Gap: Arts-based Strategies for Enhancing Essential Employability Skills: understand how the arts can help improve student communication skills.
- Impact of Experiential Learning Camp Retreat on Student Success: explore how participating in an experiential outdoor camp retreat impacts student success with post-secondary college students.
- Can College Students Work as Partners with Faculty? Testing a Student-Faculty Partnership for Co-constructing an ECE Outdoor Play Resource: discover how a student-faculty partnership helped create an outdoor play resource guide.
- How to Create a Positive Learning Environment with the Start-Stop-Continue App: explore how a remote student feedback app can improve classroom engagement.
- Tools of Engagement: How Workshops Increased Assistive Technology Usage: learn how training can help improve student engagement and usage of assistive technology.
Interested in learning more about research at Mohawk College? Feel free to get in touch with the ideaworks [at] mohawkcollege.ca (IDEAWORKS) team. You can also keep up to date with IDEAWORKS on LinkedIn .