Fall 2019 DBARC Fitness Class Schedule
Class Schedule runs September 9 - December 15, 2019
|6:10-7pm||STRONG by Zumba||POUND||Bootcamp|
|7:10-8pm||Muay Thai||Kettlebell Training|
|12:35 - 1pm||Core|
All fitness classes are included in your David Braley Athletic & Recreation Centre membership.
- The Fitness Class schedule is subject to change/cancellation.
- Check out our NEW Fitness rates here.
We offer a variety of fitness programs to David Braley Athletics & Recreation Centre members. Our fitness programs include:
- Bootcamp is guaranteed to make you sweat! This high intensity class will engage every muscle in your body. This class will integrate equipment from the aerobics studio and fitness floor. The format of this class will vary each week!
- Core is a 25-minute workout geared towards building strength and muscular endurance in the muscles supporting your torso and spine. This class will integrate body-weighted movements with a variety of equipment to focus on muscles in your abdomen, pelvis and back.
- HIIT is a full body workout developed to leave you breathless. HIIT is a high intensity interval training class. HIIT workouts include bursts of cardio and strength based exercises coupled with active rest.
Kettlebell Training is a high-intensity-ballistic workout that can help meet your toughest fitness goals. It combines functional, compound exercises such as “the swing,” “the clean” and “the press” that will work multiple muscle groups. You will develop strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and cardiovascular conditioning through this ultimate “momentum-based” workout.
Muay Thai the “Art of eight limbs”, a traditional Martial Art that originated in Thailand all the way back in the 18th century. Many people refer to it as Thai Boxing or Kickboxing, however Muay Thai is much more than that. There is many traditions that go along with this beautiful art, similar to how many other martial arts share values and historical traditions. It makes use of punches, kicks, elbows and knee strikes, thus using eight “points of contact”.
POUND fitness is a combination cardio and strength training exercise approach that includes rhythmic techniques. A full-body workout that usually lasts 50 minutes to an hour. Pound includes exercises that involve alternate squatting and standing to strengthen the inner and outer thighs, buttocks, core muscles, and back muscles. Many of the positions used in Pound are ideal for helping maintain and improve balance.
Resistance Bands Training, like dumbbells, barbells, or any other free weights, resistance bands provide external resistance that your muscles have to work against. We offer 15-20 lbs of resistance that can be applied to all directions of movement. With handles and foot strap attachments, you'll target every muscle in your body in unique ways. This new class will bring you new challenges, new accomplishments and new results!
- Spin is a stationary indoor cycling class geared towards maintaining or building your cardio. Spin is a low-impact class, easy on your joints. You control the intensity of the workout by adjusting your own bike, making this a suitable workout for novice to advanced members.
- SPIN/RUN/HIIT is a high intensity combination workout, targeted to work both your cardiovascular and muscular systems. The instructor will lead you through a variety of workout combinations, including SPIN/RUN, SPIN/HIIT, RUN/HIIT and more! Meet in the Spin Studio, wear your running shoes and come prepared to sweat.
- STRONG by Zumba® is a great workout for fitness enthusiasts looking for a more challenging, high intensity interval-training workout. The music in STRONG by Zumba® was crafted to drive the intensity in a challenging progression that provides a total body workout. This class will push you past your plateaus to help you reach your fitness goals faster. Using your own body weight, you will gain muscular endurance, tone, and definition, and you will experience an increased after burn
- Yoga will help you improve your strength, balance and flexibility through traditional yoga postures. Yoga will help you relax your mind while gently challenging, stretching, and relaxing your muscles. Bring your own mat or use the mats provided.
- Zumba® is your ultimate workout dance party featuring easy-to-follow moves coupled with amazing, motivating rhythms. It gives you an interval style workout; fast rhythms to get your heart pumping, combined with slower songs to maintain your heart rate.
Visit Recreation at the DBARC for information on extramural and intramural activities.
Hours of Operation and Closures
- The Fitness Centre will also be closed on all Statutory Holidays.
- View hours of operation for the David Braley Athletics & Recreation Centre.
Please send any feedback or submit a comment by email to dbarc [at] mohawkcollege.ca or call 905-575-2744 for further assistance.