Available for purchase to students without OHIP
Effective July 1, 2023, students without OHIP may purchase the Preplacement Immunization and TB Requirements package for $200 CAD.
For information about current applicable fees, please healthservices [at] mohawkcollege.ca (contact the Health & Wellness Centre by email) or by calling: 905-575-2211.
What is included in the Preplacement Immunization and TB Requirements Package?
- Up to 4 TB appointments (2 TB skin tests and 2 TB reads)
- Immunity Bloodwork Requisition from a Physician at the Health and Wellness Centre
- Prescription for Hepatitis B Vaccine, as required
- Vaccination appointments with Health and Wellness Centre nurses, as required:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis (TDAP)
- Tetanus (TD)
- Polio (IPV)
- TDAP + Polio
- Hepatitis B (additional cost for vaccine which can be purchased through Health and Wellness Centre)
- Final sign off on preplacement health forms (signed forms are to be submitted to preplacement services by the student)
Are there any additional costs that may apply?
In some instances, students are responsible for additional costs associated with receiving treatment and/or follow-up care. Additional costs could be:
- Costs paid directly to a laboratory if an x-ray is required
- Costs paid directly to a laboratory if the student chooses to complete bloodwork at another location
- Any costs related to a positive TB skin test, such as follow up x-ray or subsequent treatment
- Cost for Hepatitis B vaccine (vaccine available for purchase at Health and Wellness Centre)
Are there any fees for missed appointments?
Failure to attend scheduled appointments may result in additional charges. Fees must be paid prior to rebooking missed appointments.
- Failure to attend a scheduled TB read will result in a $20 fee to restart the TB test
- Failure to attend a Physician appointment will result in a $50 missed appointment fee