Medical Device Reprocessing - 927
The next intake of new students for this program is Fall 2019
Medical Device Reprocessing technicians are responsible for sterile supplies, equipment and instruments in health care facilities.
Through a combination of theory and hands-on practice, in this specialized program you will learn proper sterilization, cleaning, remanufacturing, testing, packaging and labelling of medical devices to function in a Medical Device Reprocessing Department.
You do not need to apply to begin this program, simply ensure you meet the admission requirements (listed on the Admissions & Registration tab) and then you may register for any available courses.
If you have any questions about this program, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
|Program Length||Approximately 1 year|
** fees as of Fall 2018 and subject to change
Theory Courses: $295.40 each (4); Preplacement/Clinical Service: $101.00; Lab Experience: $337.60; Clinical Experience: $820.63
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROGRAM:
Q: Can I take these courses in any order?
- No, because this program follows a sequence, you must complete the Introductory course (HSCI10121) before anything else is taken. Each course has a prerequisite, so you must take each course and complete it, before registering for the next.
Q: Is HLTH10223 a course?
- No, HLTH10223 is all of your health clearances that you will need to complete before entering into a lab or placement. For more information see the Clinical FAQ below.
Please see our FAQ for general information on courses and programs offered through Continuing Education at Mohawk College.
Preclinical / Clinical Information
Admission & Registration
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) OR 19 years of age or older.
- If English is not your first language you require an English comprehension test from Mohawk College. (CLB) Canadian Language Benchmark of 7 also accepted.
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Start by ensuring you meet the admission requirements listed above and then register for the courses listed in the Program of Studies when they are offered. Some courses have prerequisites, so please check the Program of Studies for details. Find out how to register for a course.
Program of Studies
The program of studies displayed below applies to students starting the program in the 2018/19 academic year. Students who began in other academic years may require different courses to be eligible to graduate. If you have questions regarding a strategy for completion contact Continuing Education - Health and Nursing .
Click on the Course number or Course title for more information on each course.
Visit the Mohawk College Bookstore Textbook Search (opens in new window) for information on textbooks.
A selection of courses are available each term. Courses that are currently not available (N/A) for registration may be offered in the future – check back frequently.
A CLINICAL PLACEMENT CANNOT BE TAKEN UNTIL:
- All theory courses and labs have been completed.
- All HLTH10223 Pre-placement requirements have been met.
|Register||Course number||Course title||Course Hours|
|Register||CLIN10059||Clinical Experience Medical Device Reprocessing||150.00|
|N/A||HSCI10121||Medical Device Reprocessing-Introductory||35.00|
|N/A||HSCI10122||MDR Laboratory Experience||40.00|
|N/A||HSCI10123||MDR Principles and Practices 1||35.00|
|N/A||HSCI10124||MDR Principles and Practices 2||35.00|
|N/A||HSCI10125||MDR Principles and Practices 3||35.00|