Pediatric Nursing Certificate - 950
Interested in learning more about this program?
If you are interested in attending a short online information session for this program, register by clicking on the button below. We will contact you by email as details become available. The next session will take place in March/April 2019.
*Next intake of Students - Fall 2019*
Expand knowledge and skills in Pediatric Nursing with an in depth study of content essential to the provision of effective nursing care for the pediatric population (infancy to adolescence) and their families with emphasis on community setting.
Preclinical / Clinical Information
Nursing Specialization increases potential to find employment in Pediatric Units and in community settings.
Admission & Registration
- Proof of current RN/RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
There are a number of ways to register. Visit our how to register page for more information. Clinical courses are designated (SA) and thus departmental approval is required for registration with proof of admission requirements.
Program of Studies
The program of studies displayed below applies to students starting the program in the 2018/19 academic year. Students who began in other academic years may require different courses to be eligible to graduate. If you have questions regarding a strategy for completion contact Continuing Education - Health and Nursing.
Click on the Course number or Course title for more information on each course.
Visit the Mohawk College Bookstore Textbook Search (opens in new window) for information on textbooks.
A selection of courses are available each term. Courses that are currently not available (N/A) for registration may be offered in the future – check back frequently.
Completion Requirement: 7 courses
For current course availability, fee and scheduling information please see the Continuing Education Catalogue.
|Register||Course number||Course title||Course Hours|
|Register||NRSG10066||Nursing Care of Children with Cardio/Respiratory Disorders||42.00|
|Register||NRSG10067||Nursing Care of Children with GI & Metabolic Disorders||42.00|
|N/A||NRSG10068||Nursing Care of Children with Altered Musculoskeletal, Neurological and Sensory Function||42.00|
|N/A||NRSG10069||Nursing Care of Children with Hematological, Oncological Problems & Palliative Care Needs||42.00|
|N/A||NRSG10121||Pediatric Mental Health||42.00|
The list of scheduled course offerings for this program is below. Please note that all offerings are subject to change. Not every course is offered every semester, so please consider this schedule when planning your academic path.
|Course Code||Course Name||Fall||Winter||Spring|
|NRSG10057||Pediatric Nursing - Introductory||X||X|
|NRSG10066||Nursing Care of Children with Cardio/Respiratory Disorders||X||X|
|NRSG10067||Nursing Care of Children with GI & Metabolic Disorders||X||X|
|NRSG10058||Nursing Care of Children with Altered Musculoskeletal, Neurological and Sensory Function||X|
|NRSG10069||Nursing Care of Children with Hematological, Oncological & Palliative Care Needs||X|
|NRSG10121||Pediatric Mental Health||X|
|CLIN10056||Nursing Clinical Practicum||X||X||X|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Use specialized knowledge & skills to provide safe, competent nursing care to the pediatric population and their families within scope of practice
- Discuss the psychosocial, cultural, ethical, & political influences on pediatric nursing care
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care in both normal and complex pediatric nursing care situations within scope of practice
- Update and expand their scientific knowledge using a variety of resources and learning opportunities
- Utilize critical thinking skills in examining pediatric care and practice issues
- Implement and promote evidence-based nursing practice through research utilization
- Promote family-centred care for the pediatric population and their families
- Utilize principles of health education, adult learning and the teaching learning process to meet the learning needs of the pediatric population and their families