THRIVE Course Offerings
Delivered in partnership with THRIVE Group - opens new window using a combination of theory and hands-on practice, these 2 courses will allow Personal Support Workers to review, refocus and learn new skills. Click on the Course Numbers below to register, see Course Schedule tab for more information.
|Course Number||Course Name||Description|
|THRIVE: Transfers, Positioning and Falls Prevention||
This course will discuss body mechanics, safe lifting/transfer principles and techniques. In addition the role of a Personal Support Worker (PSW) in assisting with falls prevention and safety will be explored.
|HLTH 10276||THRIVE: Wounds and Medication Management||
This course will discuss skin care, prevention of wounds and simple dressing techniques. In addition the role of a Personal Support Worker (PSW) in assisting with medication administration with a focus on safety will be explored.
Admission & Registration
Please note there are no formal admission or registration requirements for this program.
These courses are designed specifically for Personal Support Workers (PSWs), but not restricted to them.
Please contact cehealth [at] mohawkcollege.ca for course schedule information.
What to expect:
• Two hours of preparatory material and current learning resources to be completed online prior to attending the session
• Four-hour in-class session at the Mohawk College Centre for Health Care Simulation located at the Institute for Applied Health Sciences at McMaster (IAHS campus) 1400 Main St. West, Hamilton
• Sessions will be facilitated by subject matter experts through interaction simulation and small group skills practice
• Access to an online learning portal
• Parking at the IAHS campus for the in-person session
• Light meal and refreshments
• Facilitated hands-on training in the four areas of practice
• Certificate of completion for meeting requirements