Mohawk College reserves the right to limit, cancel, adjust or relocate classes/courses without notice, if necessary.
Courses may be cancelled if they do not meet minimum enrolment levels before the start date. The College will try diligently to contact you in advance of a cancellation. However, the College cannot assume responsibility for any expenses incurred if you arrive for a class which has been cancelled or rescheduled. A full refund will be issued for courses cancelled by the College.
To ensure we can reach you, keep your personal contact information up-to-date through your MyMohawk (opens in new window) account. Visit the Update Personal Information in MyMohawk Guide (opens in new window) for details.
- Classes MIGHT NOT be scheduled on long weekends.
- Please check with your instructor.
Temporary Closures / Emergency Situations:
The College may close in the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen situations. Visit our Campus Closure page for details.
Mohawk College's SAM (Security Alert Messenger) will send text messages to those registered of all college closures. Register your number on SAM today!
If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must officially notify the Student Services Office using the web, by mail, by fax, or in person at least 10 days before the end of the course to avoid academic penalty. It is not sufficient to inform only your instructor.
- Withdraw online now (opens new window)
- Access the Student Change Form for faxing or mailing (opens PDF, 82kb)
- Visit any Student Services Office
To obtain a refund, you must officially withdraw before the day of the second scheduled class.
For individualized learning courses (e.g. Math Learning Centre and Online Learning) you must withdraw within 6 days of the published start date of the course in order to receive a refund.
If you wish to withdraw from general interest seminars, workshops, or courses with equipment rental or the purchase of special materials, you must withdraw three days before the start of the course.
Some exceptions apply.
You may withdraw online (opens new window), by using a Student Change Form (fax or mail) (opens PDF, 82kb), or by visiting a Student Services Office.
A $20.00 administrative fee per course is withheld (except for courses cancelled by the College). If you withdraw before the second scheduled class, whether or not you actually attended, all fees will be refunded minus the administration fee. No refund will be issued for withdrawals on the day of/after the second scheduled class, whether or not you actually attended.
- If you have an outstanding balance with the college all refunds will be applied to that balance.
- Allow a minimum of 4 weeks processing time for refunds.
- Refunds are issued by cheque if the original payment was made in person OR by your employer or sponsoring agency.
- Refunds are issued to the original credit card if the payment was made online.
- The Standard Refund Policy may not apply to seminars, workshops, Corporate Training, Community Training, and Credit for Prior Learning courses. Please refer to individual sections in the catalogue for further details.