Through the Campus Carbon Management Initiative (CCMI), Mohawk is working to support Ontario colleges in accelerating climate action.
Campus Carbon Management Toolkit
The CCMI has created a free online toolkit that provides free resources to help colleges reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The toolkit is free resource based on best practices from dozens of Ontario colleges and a selection of Ontario universities. The toolkit can be accessed at https://campuscarbonmgmt.ca/.
The toolkit aims to:
- Accelerate reductions in greenhouse gas emissions in Ontario college operations
- Promote collaboration to create a common approach to tracking, reducing, and reporting emissions
- Support progress towards Ontario's future low carbon economy
Research on Challenges to Campus Sustainability
What drives reductions in greenhouse gas emissions among Ontario colleges? Over a three-month period, Ontario colleges and a selection of Ontario universities provided feedback on the motivators and barriers to climate action, as well as the resources they require to support reducing energy use and emissions. The results are summarized in this Findings Report (PDF).
CCMI Upcoming Events
To complement and build on the toolkit, the CCMI is offering a suite of workshops around energy efficiency and climate action.
Designing Effective Energy Efficiency Projects at Institutions
November 5-7, 2019
- Day 1 - Energy Management Essentials
- Day 2 - RETScreen Expert Basics
- Day 3 - Dollars to $ense Energy Management
Contact Emily Vis, Project Lead, Campus Carbon Management Initiative at 905-575-1212 ext. 3873 or emily.vis2 [at] mohawkcollege.ca.