Good Shepherd Centres
Address: 15 Ray Street N, Hamilton, Ontario L8R 2X5
Email: abaldwin [at] gsch.ca
An opportunity currently exists at Good Shepherd Non Profit Homes– HOMES Program for:
Community Mental Health Worker
In this role, you will work to make a difference in the lives of tenants living at our On-Site locations.
- Services to tenants include assessment, planning, crisis prevention and intervention, and supportive counseling.
- Primary case management and community development skills acquired through a post-secondary education in social or health services, with a demonstrated commitment to the mission values of Hospitality, Responsibility, Availability, Adaptability, Quality and Dignity.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in mental health, and concurrent disorders is required as well as a 'recovery orientation' and 'consumer driven' style of practice.
- Additional skills required are the ability to work independently and think creatively.
- Ability to speak French and/or other languages considered an asset.
- CPR certification or willingness to be certified is required.
- Must be available to work all shifts.
- A condition of employment is the ability to provide verification of having received a third dose Covid-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment unless a valid medical or religious/creed exemption, pursuant to the Human Rights Code, can be established and approved prior to commencement of employment.
Please forward cover letter and resume quoting job number OS-15-22 by June 27th 2022 to:
Aleah Baldwin, Assistant Director
Good Shepherd Non-Profit Homes Inc.
Email abaldwin [at] gsch.ca
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877 ext. 3336 or kmcguigan [at] gsch.ca.
Please note that Good Shepherd has implemented a Mandatory Verification of COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and would be pleased to provide all applicants with a copy of the policy.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Mohawk College is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.