Always Connected Family Room
Address: 12 Barton St, Waterdown, ON L0R 2H0
The Always Connected Family Room is a play center for children and their families. Located in the heart of Waterdown, the Family Room provides a warm, inclusive and fun spot for children to play, learn and develop, and for parents and caregivers to feel welcomed and supported through the unique journeys each family faces.
We are growing and we have opportunities to join our passionate team who are interested in making learning and play time inclusive. The Always Connected Family Room has a collaborative approach to providing leisure and recreational activities as well as therapeutic services, service navigation support, funding resources, parental coaching, training and advocacy tools through our close partnerships with various community partners and organizations.
If you are a creative, organized and passionate educator and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to helping provide a unique hub to support children and families with learning, play and development, the Always Connected Family Room may be the opportunity you have been seeking.
- Opening and/or closing the space during weekdays including ensuring that all creative spaces are clean and full of supplies, parent area is clean and tidy and coffee is stocked
- Registering parents as they arrive at the space and assisting them up the stairs if necessary
- Keeping the creative play area as clean as possibly including wiping down paint wall regularly, sweeping up sand from sandbox, cleaning dry mess from the sensory area, returning supplies to the imaginative play area as needed
- Replenishing supplies in the messy area regularly
- Ensuring the parent living room is clean and tidy
- Sanitizing any baby toys as needed to ensure limited transfer of germs
- Stocking coffee station in the morning and ensuring it remains tidy throughout the day
- Making coffee/teas for parents when time permits
- Monitors and tracks office supplies including stationary, equipment, health and safety supplies and cleaning supplies
- Monitors facility maintenance including equipment and hygiene status
- Answers phone calls, emails, monitors visitors, voicemail, mail
- Ensuring bathrooms are kept clean and supplies are topped up
- Executing daily circle time activities (toddler and baby); ensuring content is developmentally appropriate, inclusive and creative
- Providing informal coaching support to parents during inclusion days to support areas of play, communication and cooperation skills
- Implementing planned weekly themes and activities
- The candidate will have experience working with children with diverse learning needs and experience with planning and executing daily plans
- The candidate will have experience in customer service, specifically working with families
- ABA, OCT, ECE, CYW qualifications are considered an asset
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and support services relating to ASD and developmental delays
- Knowledge in pediatric development and therapies is considered an asset
- Strong oral and written English communication skills are required, with French skills an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally with parents/guardians/children
- Ability to work, collaborate and thrive within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates resilience, an eagerness to learn and initiative to take on new challenges
- Vulnerable Sector Screening (completed in the last 12 months) is mandatory
- First Aid/CPR-C is mandatory for all staff
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- Applied Behaviour Analysis: 1 year (preferred)
- Early childhood education: 1 year (preferred)
Please apply via indeed link
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Always Connected Family Room values diversity, equity, and inclusion and embraces diversity as a core value. Accommodation in regard to the materials or processes used throughout the recruitment process are available upon request
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Mohawk College is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.