Good Shepherd Centres
Address: 15 Ray Street N, Hamilton, Ontario L8R 2X5
Email: dheimpel [at] gsch.ca
Emmanuel House is a ten-bed palliative care facility that offers a home-like environment for all individuals who are nearing the end of their lives.
- PSW certificate, in good standing from an approved and recognized institution
- Previous work experience providing care to palliative clients and their families
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate is required
- Able to work independently as well as work collaboratively within the care team
- Ability to document care and resident needs/preferences
- Good judgement, problem-solving and assessment skills
- The successful candidate must be available to work a 12-hour shift schedule that includes days and nights
- Enhanced training in palliative/end of life care, such as Fundamentals in Hospice Palliative Care considered an asset.
- Ability to speak French and/or other languages considered an asset.
Please reply with cover letter and resume quoting Job Posting #EH-09-22 to:
Donna Heimpel, Clinical Manager
dheimpel [at] gsch.ca
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to work within an integrated anti-racist/anti-oppressive framework and to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversities within the community we serve.
Good Shepherd encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you need accommodation, please contact Human resources at kmcguigan [at] gsch.ca or (905)528-5877 Ext.3336.
Good Shepherd has a mandatory verification of COVID-19 vaccination policy. More information on the full policy requirements and accommodation allowances will be provided to those selected for an interview.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Mohawk College is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.