Good Shepherd Centres
Address: 15 RAY ST N, Hamilton, Ontario L8R 2X5
Email: dheimpel [at] gsch.ca
Good Shepherd’s Emmanuel House is a 10 – bed residential hospice that has served the Hamilton region since 1998. Located in a beautiful heritage building, Emmanuel House provides a warm, hospitable environment for individuals living with life-limiting illness and for their family and friends. We are seeking a compassionate, skilled nursing professional who is committed to excellence in palliative care.
Emmanuel House offers a supportive team environment with strong clinical leadership, opportunities for professional development, and autonomy and flexibility in offering rewarding, holistic nursing care. RPN’s will build therapeutic relationships, provide leadership in educating patients and families about the disease process, conduct comprehensive nursing assessments, help manage symptoms and control pain and support residents in optimizing their quality of life. RPN’s work within an interdisciplinary inpatient hospice team that supports people at this critical juncture in their lives.
- Successful candidates will be graduates of an accredited school of nursing, registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Strong clinical assessment skills and the ability to work with evidence-based practices related to pain and symptom management and end of life care are required.
- Previous hospice/palliative care experience and knowledge of the death/dying process is preferred.
- Completion (or actively pursuing) Enhanced Fundamentals of Palliative Care is required.
- If you are a resourceful problem-solver with strong communication and interpersonal skills, manage time well and perform assigned duties with attention to detail, we would very much like to meet with you.
Good Shepherd offers RPN’s highly competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared benefit RSP Plan. We will provide you with comprehensive orientation, a respectful and rewarding work environment, and on-going opportunities for professional development.
Please reply with cover letter and resume quoting Job Posting #EH-10-22 to:
Donna Heimpel, Clinical Manager
Good Shepherd Centres
dheimpel [at] gsch.ca
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to work within an integrated anti-racist/anti-oppressive framework and to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversities within the community we serve.
Good Shepherd encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you need accommodation, please contact Human resources at kmcguigan [at] gsch.ca or (905)528-5877 Ext.3336.
Good Shepherd has a mandatory verification of COVID-19 vaccination policy. More information on the full policy requirements and accommodation allowances will be provided to those selected for an interview.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Mohawk College is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.