*Important Information for Students (International and Canadian) Arriving from Outside Canada
All international students travelling to Mohawk College from outside of Canada are required to self-isolate for a period of 14-days. Also, any other students returning to Canada within 14-days of the start date of their program must also complete a 14-day self-isolation period. These rules apply after any subsequent international travel for as long as the self-isolation requirement remains a directive of the Government of Canada.
Where Mohawk College becomes aware of any compliance issues within the 14-day mandatory self-isolation period; and/or any cases of COVID-19 infection during the 14-day mandatory quarantine period, we will coordinate with Public Health Authorities and other local authorities where necessary.
New! COVID-19 testing requirements for all students, international and Canadian arriving from outside Canada.
The Government of Canada is mandating one COVID-19 test to be administered to every student who has travelled internationally in advance of classes starting. This test should be undertaken during the 14-day quarantine period and in advance of arrival to campus. Ideally, this test will be completed by students on days 4 or 5 of your self-isolation period. For full instructions on how to book your COVID test, and supports available to you, visit the Testing During Self Isolation section found within the COVID Safe menu in the iCent app. Information on how to download the app is available on our website.
Note: all students arriving to Canada must complete the forms within the COVID Safe menu, under Arriving to Canada Forms. For questions about your self-isolation and testing requirement, please reach out to arrivals [at] mohawkcollege.ca
Access to campus is restricted to students who are required to be on campus for in-person training, and employees who are required for the delivery of academic programs or campus services.
Health and safety are our top priorities. Mohawk has established the following protocols and procedures to ensure that students and employees can learn and work safely while on campus.
Students and employees are urged to check this site often as information may change on short notice.
Questions or comments?
questions [at] mohawkcollege.ca
- Accessing Campus
- Campus Services
- Cleaning Protocols
At the recommendation of Public Health, Mohawk has implemented an enhanced, mandatory health screening at all campuses.
Failure by students or employees to follow this rule may result in a formal review by the Student Rights and Responsibilities Office (SSRO) or Human Resources, respectively. Students who do not comply with these standards may lose the privilege of attending campus and employees will be managed by their supervisors.
To gain access to campus you must complete the daily screening questionnaire, on the day you are coming to campus. This questionnaire is available on the Mohawk Safety App under the COVID-19 section. The results of your screening will be emailed to you and to Mohawk Security.
If you do not pass the health screening or if you are experiencing any symptoms, do not come to campus. We must all keep the health and safety of fellow students and faculty in mind.
Upon entering the campus building, you will pass through a Mohawk Security Screening Desk.
Please complete the Health Screening Questionnaire on the Mohawk Safety App each day you are scheduled to come to campus.
Please put on your mask/face covering before entering the building. Please see the Health Protocols for more information on mask requirements.
Clean your hands using the sanitizer provided.
New for the fall semester, employees and students who are required to come to campus must use their ONE Card to access campus. The ONE card will confirm that you are approved to be on campus. When you tap your ONE card at the security desk you are also confirming that you have completed and passed the Daily Health Screening questionnaire. See Campus Services for information on obtaining a ONE card.
You will receive a wristband once you complete the screening protocol with security. With this wristband you are free to enter and exit the campus as required for that day.
Please note access to campus is restricted to students who are required to be on campus for in-person training, and employees who are required for the delivery of academic programs or campus services.
To ensure the health and safety of everyone on campus a small number of entrances have been designated for each campus. Mohawk College Security will have Health Screening Checkpoints established at these entrances.
For the Fall 2020 semester, students and employees can enter via:
- The entrance nearest to the McIntyre Performing Arts Centre (exit 23, across from the short-term parking lot).
- The entrance to C-Wing from the traffic loop closest to West 5th Street and the bus terminal.
- The entrance to F-Wing (exit 37) from the south east corner of the MSA Plaza.
Stoney Creek Campus
For the Fall 2020 semester, students and employees can enter via:
- The main entrance (Atrium) from the traffic loop off Barton Street.
- C-Wing (exit 29) entrance on West side of campus.
- For the Centrum and Leaside buildings use the shed screening desk that will be located outside of the Centrum building (Exit 1).
Institute for Applied Health Sciences at McMaster (IAHS)
Employees and students coming to the IAHS will be screened by Mohawk Security upon entering the building. Please use the main entrance across from the Engineering building.
Airport Learning Hub
Students and employees coming to the Airport Learning Hub will be screened by Mohawk Security upon entering the building at the main entrance.
If you are a student, faculty or staff member returning to the IAHS campus, please make note of the following additional protocols:
- All Mohawk College staff and students (including the collaborative programs) will have access to the Basement through 2nd floor ONLY. McMaster School of Rehabilitation Science staff and students will be occupying the 3rd and 4th levels in an effort to keep a separation between the schools. We ask that if you are faculty with an office on the 3rd floor you respectfully limit access to storing or retrieving personal or teaching items in your office space
- Elevators/Staircases: Signage will direct all Mohawk staff and students to utilize the main bank of elevators located in the atrium/lobby, while McMaster School of Rehabilitation Sciences staff and students will use the elevator located near receiving. There will be additional signage indicating students/staff keep a safe distance while using the elevators
- Upon entering the building, please utilize the main atrium staircase for both up and down. The side staircases should only be used as secondary options when exiting the campus. McMaster School of Rehabilitation Science will be utilizing the staircase nearest receiving
Failure to Comply with Protocols
Failure by students or employees to follow these protocols may result in a formal review by the Student Rights and Responsibilities Office (SRRO) or Human Resources, respectively. Students who do not comply may lose the privilege of attending campus and employees will be managed by their supervisors.
If you require accommodation with wearing a mask, please contact equityandinclusion [at] mohawkcollege.ca.
All in-person Student Service locations are closed but services are fully available online. For details visit the Online Student Services page.
Mohawk College has implemented enhanced cleaning procedures for all campuses.
We are asking all students and faculty to wipe down their individual stations and equipment. This is an extra precaution to ensure the safety of the user.